The nbn™ network will eventually replace most existing phone and internet networks.
Get prepared now!
All types of nbn™network connections that utilise a physical line running to the premises are considered fixed line connections. An nbn™ Fibre to the Premises connection (FTTP) is used in circumstances where an optic fibre line will be run from the nearest available fibre node, to your premises. FTTP also requires an nbn™ network device to be installed inside your home. This device requires power to operate and can only be installed by an approved nbn™ Installer or service provider..
Equipment connected over the nbn™ network will not work during a power blackout. Speak to us about alternative forms of power available like a small UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to suit your needs.
What does installation involve?
Your service provider will make an appointment for an authorised installer to come to your home or business and install the necessary equipment. It includes connecting a fibre optic cable from your street to the nbn™ utility box, then to the nbn™ connection box inside your home.
Choosing the best location for the nbn™ equipment.
You’ll need to decide where you want the nbn™ connection box and power supply to be installed. The device should only be installed in a location that you are comfortable with – if your preferred locations are unsuitable, the technician must explain this to you, and help you
choose an alternative.
Typical nbn™ equipment.
Use this checklist to help you pick the best location:
• Reasonably close to a power point
• A cool, dry, ventilated area (nbn™ supplied equipment cannot be installed in a damp or wet area such as a kitchen, bathroom, laundry or under a window that opens)
• Away from busy areas where it may be knocked or damaged
• Somewhere easy for you to see and to check the indicator lights
• In the same building as the main electric meter box or distribution board (i.e. not in a separate detached garage or outhouse).
Do I need cabling changed in my home or office?
A standard installation of nbn™ equipment allows you to plug a landline phone directly into the nbn™ connection box. If you want to keep using any of the existing phone sockets in your place, rewiring will be needed.
So if after you have connected to nbn™;
- you will require one or more telephones within your home or office.
- you will have a monitored fire or security system.
- you will Medical alarm, autodialler or emergency call button.
- you will have a Lift emergency phone.
- you will have a Fax machine or TTY device.
You may need a registered cabler to modify your internal cabling. Call us now on 07 3123 6907 or use our contact form to ask us a question or you can arrange a visit from one of our fully qualified technicians.